8.02.2010

The Story

Lately the idea of living the Story that is life seems to be coming at me from all angles.  Books I read talk about the Story.  Sermons I hear are all about living the bigger story.  Songs on the radio remind me that my life is just a series of events that are a Story.  Because it seems to be everywhere, I finally have found the passion to blog again and will probably share several thoughts in several blogs about this Story called life.

It all started a few weeks ago.  I was reading a book called The Aedyn Chronicles that my friend Janet had picked up at a book show.  It's a children/YA book in the same genre as The Chronicles of Narnia.  I really enjoyed the book a lot, but didn't make it 50 pages in before I came across this passage:

"'...For there is a greater story - a deeper story.  A story which rules all stories.  And a story of which you are a part.' 

Julia began to think that someone had made a very big mistake.  

'I'm not...Gaius, I'm not the chosen one.  Peter and I...'

'Who are you to say, my dear, whether or not you are meant for great things?'"

That's a lot to take in, especially barely through the first section of a book that was written for people much younger than I.  So I read it, and I thought a lot about what it was saying.  How often in my life had I thought that my life wasn't all that special, and that I am not meant for anything great?  How often have I settled for just enough and hoped that would see me through?  How often have I let my life determine my story instead of writing a better one myself?

All of these thoughts, and a great message by my friend CJ at church last week, led me once again to Don Miller's books.  More thoughts on that tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

    http://forlots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wallpapers for blogger : http://artsdco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

    (My blog is share-how-why.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete