6.04.2010

Another Month Has Come and Gone

And I haven't updated this in awhile.  Sorry about that.  Who am I saying sorry to, anyway?  I'm fairly certain no one is out there holding their breath waiting for Emily to finally upload another post :)

I haven't updated in a month.  There are a couple reasons why this is the case.

This is one:




















I am having a lot of fun with the show.  In fact, it's probably one of the better theatre experiences I've had in a long time.  But, we're in the final week of rehearsals now and it's been a LONG week. I'm exhausted, both mentally and physically.  But, it's been great and I'm really looking forward to next weekend.  Rehearsals Monday-Thursday have taken a lot of my otherwise "free" time.  But it's for a good cause :)

We've also been continuing to work on the house. A family of groundhogs has moved in under our porch.  WEEE!  The dog seems not to care about them at all, which cracks me up.  She barks at EVERYTHING outside, except the giant groundhogs.  Nice.  Falling mortgage rates means we're refinancing our house.  It will save us a ridiculous amount of money in the long run, but the to-do list to get ready for the appraiser next week just seems to continue growing.  Ah, the joys of being a grown-up.  Do we have to?

Next week is dress for the show, and the performances, and also our church's Vacation Bible eXperience.  it's going to be a heck of a week.  Oh, and I start online classes to get my Library Tech degree on Monday.  Right...when it rains, it pours, right? 

All in all, even though I'm tired and more emotional than normal (because I'm tired and apparently I also have allergies that are sucking the very life out of me), I am happy.  Life is generally good.  I am looking forward to just having some "normal" days soon.  This is the time of year when I always wonder why I didn't go ahead and become a teacher.  Everyone is finishing up the school year and ready for summer vacation.  I could use a summer vacation - three months, three weeks, heck, three days, would be most welcome!

1 comment:

  1. You are super busy! What is your part in the play? I haven't been to the theatre in ages...

    ReplyDelete