1.27.2004

Allow Me To Vent For A Moment...
I hate the snow. I really do. That is nothing new for those of you who know me, but I just thought I would take a moment and make it very clear. Now, I guess I don't HATE the snow as much as I hate driving in it, that's for sure. But, do you know what I hate more than driving in the snow? When people behind me in their stupid big SUV's and CEMENT MIXERS decide to get so close to my back bumper that I can't see their headlights. That's close in perfect driving weather; it's STUPID on the sheet of ice that was the roads this morning. Please hear me now, all SUV drivers...

Your stupid big car does NOT make you invincible!!!! I know that may come as a shocker, but being in a big vehicle that may or may not have 4 wheel drive does not mean you can drive 50 through town on icy roads. Maybe my 20-25 was a little slow, but it was about all I felt comfortable doing! You are going to be the reason someone gets in an accident. And you Mr. Cement Truck on South Walnut this morning...You're carrying like 10 tons of cement in the back of your truck. If you hit my little Focus Wagon, you will crush it; you will probably kill me. How do you feel about that?!?! That's what I thought. So yeah, just slow down and back your butt off my car. Being less than a foot from me doesn't make me drive faster. It makes me slow down, just to spite you. I don't know about you, but I kind of enjoy arriving at my destination in one piece. Call me old fashioned...

Anyway, sorry. I've been in a bit of a less that super mood this morning with the stupid drivers I had to be on the road with during my snowy and icy trek across Bloomington. You know you have to be at work too early when the plows haven't really been out yet...or they've been out only enough to scrape the snow and leave you driving on a nice ice rink. Ah well, what can you do??!?! However, you all should be proud of me because I actually drove myself to work the last two days. Even if there is like 6-8 inches of snow out there right now and it's only 20 degrees outside. Last winter I took the easy way out and let someone pick me up. This winter I've sucked it up and did it myself.

yay! Maybe I am growing up after all...but that is another blog entirely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment