9.25.2012


After taking a little (unintentional) break last week, I'm back to blogging! Today's Top Ten Tuesday is all about series we haven't quite finished. This one was hard, but here are some I'm not quite done with yet.

1. Fablehaven.
I loved, loved the first book. It was fun, it was different, it was cute. The second one, a little less so...the third one has been sitting on my TBR pile, 1/2 done, for awhile. I'd like to finish them, but there is always something else I'd rather read.

2. The Nightshade Series.
I'm on book three (Bloodrose) now. It actually took reading the prequel, Rift, to make me want to go back and read the rest of these. I enjoyed the first book, but didn't feel overly compelled to keep reading. Going back now, I'm enjoying them again. Hopefully that feeling lasts throughout the rest of the book!

3. The Dragonriders of Pern.
I am fairly sure I have read all the original books. However, more books keep coming out, and I don't think I'll ever get caught up. I spent most of last summer reading these books. And then it started to feel like the same story over and over again. I don't know if I'll read any more of them or not!

4. The Sword of Truth.
When Terry Goodkind first started writing this series, I was swept away with the size and spectacle of the books. They were each epic stories, full of epic moments. I loved them. And then they kept coming. And coming. And I started liking them less and less and feeling more and more like they were just written to make money and not because they were really good and awesome like they used to be!

5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
I've actually only read the first book. I'm not sure why I stopped. Hmmm...time to add those to the library list.

6. The Tudor Series.
I read Philippa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl and really enjoyed the history and the story. But then I got confused as to which book I should read next. Here's a hint - if I can't figure it out, I'm not going to keep reading them. Sorry.

7. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. (The Millenium Series, apparently)
I read the first one. It was violent and angry and made my stomach hurt. But I kept reading. I read the second one on a flight home one time. The third one has been sitting on my Kindle, 15% in, for almost 3 years. I honestly don't see myself picking it up anytime soon. There are so many other things I'd rather read.

And, here are some series I haven't finished, but mostly because the books aren't officially published yet :)

8. Across the Universe/A Million Suns/Shades of Earth
Beth Revis catapulted to my favorite authors list with Across the Universe. Shades cannot come out soon enough for me to complete my love affair with Amy and Elder.

9. Matched/Crossed/Reached
These books are amongst my favorite recent YA finds. I love them and love their story. I would love to get my hands on Reached before it comes out officially, but that's a hard ARC to get.

10. Finale.
I've had a love/hate relationship with the Hush, Hush series. I've really loved parts of it and really couldn't care less about other parts. I'm hoping the last part of the series wraps it up in a way that I enjoy and appreciate.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:36 PM

    I really enjoyed Percy Jackson and I LOVE the spin-off series The Heroes of Olympus. I hope you get back to them someday. I am excited about Finale too! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-1dc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series it's one of thoses series that actually gets better as it goes on.

    ReplyDelete