9.14.2012

Five Minute Friday: Focus


Five minute Friday is a regular feature on Lisa-Jo Baker's Blog. Take five minutes, write about the topic of the week, and support the five minute Friday community.

September 14 Topic: Focus

GO:
 
Sometimes I feel like God is speaking directly to me. This is one of those times. Those times when I "hear" a voice saying that I'm not alone and I don't have to do it all myself. That voice is saying:
 
Deep breath.
Don't worry so much.
There isn't anything you can do to change it, anyway.
There is a lot more to the story than what you know.
Give yourself a break.
Take time away.
Did I mention breathe?
 
You're scattered.
You're tired.
You're afraid.
You're lonely.
You're a lot of things.
You're still you.
Remember that.
 
Focus, my child.
On what matters.
On what is real.
On what is eternal.
 
This frustration won't matter tomorrow.
That anger will fade.
Don't let today be a memory of regret.
 
Focus, my child.
Focus on Me.
Focus on what I say.
About you.
About the world.
About love.
 
Everything is scrambling for your attention.
Everyone seems to want a piece of you.
Everything seems like a crisis of the utmost importance.
 
It's not.
It's just trying to steal your focus.
To take you away from Me.
My plans for you.
My love for you.
My promise to you.
 
So, focus, my child.
Let Me be enough.
 
Focus, my child.
Feel my promised love.
 
Focus, my child.
Give me all your fears.
 
Focus, my child.
Let me hold you.
Let me calm you.
Let me love you.
 
Focus on Me.

STOP:

3 comments:

  1. This is touching, and I understand it perfectly. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08 AM

    "It's not.
    It's just trying to steal your focus.
    To take you away from Me.
    My plans for you.
    My love for you.
    My promise to you."

    My favorite part. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate x

    ReplyDelete