2.03.2011

E-Mealz Review

I'm not afraid to admit that I didn't used to spend very much time in the kitchen.  I have a few recipes that I know by heart and can make well, but for the most part, I was just not that adventurous.  Plus, I was afraid that I would make something that would taste horrible and then I would definitely never want to go back in the kitchen.

So, if it wasn't pizza, spaghetti, or some random grilled item and a side, I was at a loss.  As part of my desire to spend less money and eat better, I was looking for some good options.  And, after hearing about a million commercials on the Dave Ramsey Show for E-Mealz, I looked it up and decided to give it a try. The commercials promised that for just $5 a month, I would have wonderful, EASY meals available for me every week.

RIGHT...nothing is ever that easy...is it? Turns out, it really is just that easy.  The hardest part of signing up for E-Mealz was figuring out which of the tons of plans would be best for Tim and I.  At the time, I hadn't started weight watchers, but I knew we wanted to lose some weight.  I went for the Low-Fat for two plan, printed out my first list of menus and groceries needed and headed out to the store.  The recipes sounded easy enough, but I still wasn't sure I trusted myself in the kitchen.  Smoky Orange Chicken?  Cheeseburger Soup? Mexican Macaroni? Chicken Florentine?

Turns out, they were even easier than they sounded!  The recipes are not only easy, but they taste amazing.  Seriously, We haven't made anything that I haven't liked, and hasn't made me feel like I could actually be a decent cook if I tried.  There are some recipes that will be added to our regular rotation, and some may not.  But, at the same time, I'm glad we tried them. 

In the month that we've been doing this, I've found myself actually looking forward to coming home and going into the kitchen.  I look forward to making something new and sitting down with Tim to a hot, healthy meal.  We have time every night where we can sit and talk.  It's added a really nice dimension to our evenings, even if we are running the dishwasher all the time and I feel like I wash the same pans over and over again. 

If you're looking for some new recipes to feed your family, or just some confidence in the kitchen, I would highly recommend trying E-Mealz!  For more information, you can go to http://www.e-mealz.com/.  If you sign up, let them know I sent you.  I think I get a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment