3.31.2012

Beth's Style Quest: I could be a model but instead...

Beth's Style Quest: I could be a model but instead...

This is such a fabulous idea. As a woman who struggles, CONSTANTLY with body image, I love that people are finally deciding that enough is enough and we don't have to be perfect to be beautiful. A message that is hard for me to comprehend, but I need so desperately to hear!

From Beth's Blog:



I'm going to help change how the media portrays women.

Everybody, welcome to the brand new link up I am starting called I Could Be A Model But Instead...
Basically, on the 1st of every month I will post an advertisement or a picture from a current fashion magazine spread, and whoever would like to join in gets to use that as outfit inspiration and then... recreate the ad. The idea behind the madness is that we are ALL beautiful, not just the models we see in magazines. We need to stop accepting that being tall and skinny is the only way we can look good in clothes, and we need to let the media know that is is not alright to continue to dictate what is attractive. Fifty years ago it was voluptuous women, and girls were doing unhealthy things to their bodies to get curves in all the right places. Now it is tall skinny women, and girls are doing unhealthy things to their bodies to shrink down to size. It wasn't fair then, it isn't fair now. Big, small, skinny, tall, everything in between: in my eyes you are all gorgeous. We also need to let the media know that it is not alright to objectify women, and to reduce our worth down to what we look like. Not on guys. (And double also, it is going to be a little bit of fun to dress up every month :P)

Follow Beth's blog to find the post with the outfit and how to submit your own! I think this is going to rock, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment