2.13.2012

Find Your Voice

I recently won a book contest on Facebook. I enter A LOT of these contests and win a few here and there. This one, for "Darker Still" by Leanna Renee Hieber, is one I have really wanted to read, so I was super excited.

Leanna not only signed the book, but she added a little note, "Find Your Voice," to the inscription. While I know it is in reference to what is already turning out to be a beautiful story, it has really impacted me a lot over the last few days.

I have been thinking a lot about my place in the world lately - what I do and what I want to do; where I am and where I want to be; what I dream and what is reality - so these three simple words have stuck with me and got me thinking! So much so, in fact, that I made the inscription the wallpaper on my phone. I smile and let out a little sigh every time I read it.

I like the challenge of finding my voice and the promise that it's okay that I haven't found it 100% of the time yet. My voice is still developing and changing, and that is okay. The journey really is just as important asthe destination, and I'm learning to embrace every single step in this crazy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment