1.22.2011

Take Three

This is literally the third blog entry I have started to write today.  For some reason I can't complete a thought or a post today.  Maybe I have too much going on in my brain, or maybe I'm just tired.  Either way, I'm sure those blog posts will come to light at some point in the future, but I'm not ready to finish them today.

So, we'll see if this one gets published by the end of the night!!  I would like to just put a bunch of pictures on here and call it a blog, but I think that's the easy way out, and doesn't stretch me as a writer or as a person.

So, instead, I will talk about family. I am a lucky girl.  I grew up with a great family.  My parents split up when I was really young, but they never made me feel like I had to choose between them.  I always felt completely at home when I was at my dad's house, and never felt like the 'other' kid.  I was also lucky enough to have a great step mom and a great step dad, and wonderful half siblings. I loved my extended family and loved spending holidays in Chicago, Michigan and Indiana. 

When I thought of getting married, I wondered if all the 'horror' stories about in-laws could be true.  And then I met Tim's family.  And, not surprisingly, I love all of them.  I am surprised how comfortable I am with my in-laws.  I am especially grateful for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  They are the kind of people that I would want to be friends with, regardless of whether we were family or not.  I hate that we live 2+ hours apart and never get to hang out, because when we do, I have so much fun!  Today, Joe, Jess & Jacie came to our house for the first time (side note:  I think everyone who wants to see our house but hasn't should come see it in the next couple days - it's pretty much cleaner than it's been since we moved in).  Just sitting at lunch, and chatting with Jess, was so comfortable that I was sad to see them go!

I can't tell you how thankful I am for family that feel like friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment