3.11.2010

Something Wild This Way Comes

It's been awhile since I've posted anything on my blog.  I haven't written in a while - but life has been moving right along.  I just haven't had a whole lot to say.

The weather seems to finally be changing over from winter to spring.  While I know there's still going to be some cool weather (the forecast says so for this weekend, even), it seems like the tides have turned.  It was a long, cold winter.  The snow just didn't seem to want to leave southern Indiana alone throughout February.  It was a long, cold, annoying winter, that's for sure. 

This week, however, I actually got to work outside for a few minutes yesterday.  And, I enjoyed it.  I guess you know you're getting older when working in the yard sounds like fun.  And, it was fun.  I'm actually a little annoyed that it's raining today because I wanted to do more tonight - lay some rocks and rake some leaves, anyway.

What else has been going on in Emily's life?  Well, Madi got hurt over the weekend - her left leg.  We took her to the vet thinking it would just be bruised, but the vet diagnosed her with luxating patella, which isn't uncommon in toy breed dogs.  I was really upset about it on Monday, but am doing a little better today.  There is a good chance she will have to have surgery - expensive surgery with a long recovery - but in the long run, it will be worth it if it leads to a complete life for her.  We're monitoring her right now and hoping that, with some rest, her knee will recover a little and we can put surgery off for awhile.

One of my dear friends was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma last week.  I've always admired her strength and faith, but wow.  If I handle any adversity that comes my way with half the strength and grace she has handled this with, I would consider myself lucky.  I'm amazed by her blog and her attitude!  She's an inspiration, that's for sure.

I am constantly reminded how blessed I am and just how much God has given me in my life.  Sure, it's not perfect, but I know I am loved by the way my life continues to unfold...

No comments:

Post a Comment