1.08.2008

To Audition or Not to Audition....

....that is the question.

I received an email today that says open auditions for the next MCCT production are tonight and tomorrow night at the library. Funny, considering I was going to the library tonight anyway...and i do miss acting. But I also know that one of my goals was to volunteer less this year - and will adding a production hinder that?!? And what are the chances I'd even get cast as an unknown person in the community theater world? And why do I feel the need to overthink this whole process so much?

Auditions are a good way to practice your skills and to get your face out there in the community. Auditions are a good way to meet people outside of your normal circle of friends and collegues. Auditions are a win-win situation.

And, honestly, my reasons for not auditioning are kind of silly - so maybe I will audition after all....

2 comments:

  1. Audition, my friend! Just do it. Forget the resolutions! Always audition when you have the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go to the audition last night?

    ReplyDelete