1.07.2008

New Eyes

So, in less than a week I will have 'new' eyes. that's right, my LASIK appointment is Friday at 12:40pm in Indianapolis. I am nervous and excited all at the same time.


Here are some of the things I'm most looking forward to as I think of a glasses/contacts free life.

1. No longer being dependent on something else to be able to see.
2. Being able to see in the shower and as I get out of the shower.
3. The numbers on the clock during a sleepless night no longer being a blur.
4. Not having to take contacts, solution, glasses, and extra contacts with me everywhere I go.
5. Saving money over the remainder of my life due to lower medical costs.
6. Being able to fall asleep watching TV or reading without having to worry about dry eyes or my glasses getting broken.
7. Temperature changes inside and out won't matter nearly as much (no more foggy eyes).
8. The freedom.
9. Actually being able to see 24/7.

Things I'm a little nervous/worried about....

1. Those less than one half of one percent fluke risks - blindness, loss of eye, etc.
2. Being awake for the surgery, even if they give me drugs to keep me calm.
3. Dry eyes.
4. Accidentally rubbing my eyes during those first few weeks.
5. Something going wrong.
6. Eye pain - I don't handle pain well at all.
7. Not being able to see well for a small amount of time.
8. The unknown.

This is one of those things that is so exciting and a little scary all at the same time! I'll let you know how it goes!

(p.s. I've changed/updated the weight loss blog. Check it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment