7.13.2005

Changes

A picture postcard
A folded stub
A program of the play
File away your photographs
Of your holiday

And your mementos
Will turn to dust
But that's the price you pay
For every year's a souvenir
That slowly fades away

Every year's a souvenir
That slowly fades away
-Billy Joel

This has been a summer of so many changes around my workplace that it almost doesn't seem real. Some of them have been big, some of them have been small, but they've all been changes, nonetheless. Two ministers are gone, a different ministerial position has been filled, one secretary has changed, the business manager is different...Just a lot of little things. Audrey left today, and I'll miss her a lot, but I'm looking forward to things settling into some sense of normal again, if that makes sense.

I leave in just a few days for a week at Myrtle Beach with my family. Say a little prayer that it doesn't rain the whole time we're there. I'd love some sunshine and the chance to just sit and watch the waves crash against the seashore. Emily, the tropical storm, is building, so hopefully she doesn't come toward vacation! I'm ready to be away from everything for awhile - rest, relax, and hopefully not spend so much time...thinking...about everything. We'll see, though. 13 hours in a car both ways and not being able to read in a car anymore leaves little else to do, I guess. Hopefully I can take a couple drugs and be able to read a little. Other than that, it'll be sleeping and listening to music. For the first time, I wouldn't really mind having an I-Pod. It would be nice to not have to keep changing CD's all the time. Oh well, I don't need it, so I'll be fine.

What is left of hurricane Dennis has been dumping rain on Indiana. It isn't pouring down, but it's been dreary for about three days, and it's starting to just make me tired and depressed and tired and tired and...cranky and emotional. Good, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment