4.19.2005

Leaving...and being left...

I'm leaving in a few minutes to go to Asheville for the annual ACS Technologies conference. I'm excited, and actually have reason to go, but at the same time...I'm going through one of those just enjoying being home phases. I'm also feeling slightly domestic this week. What I really want to do is buy some flowers and plant them in my backyard/weed patch. And a hummingbird feeder...that would make me happy.

Spring is here in Southern Indiana. That also makes me happy. Sleeping with my windows open (one of the benefits of a 2-story townhouse) and waking up to the sun instead of the pitch-black of a mid-winter morning is exciting. However, this morning I really wanted to find a "BB Gun" and get the annoying crow-like bird that was outside my window and making all sorts of noise.

I didn't sleep well last night because I'm leaving today. I never sleep well the night before I go on a trip or something big happens. Lord help me when I get married--there will probably be some sort of sleeping agent involved! That's okay, though. I have 8+ hours in a car today, so sleep I will get.

Tim is in Las Vegas at the NAB convention. I'm sure he's having a blast. It's strange not even talking to him yesterday. We usually try to at least say goodnight, but i'm sure the time difference played into him not calling. I did call and leave a message, and I know he's thinking about me and missing me. A week in vegas with korry and Jason could do him some good.

Not a lot else going on in my world. I may have internet access this week, so if I do, I will post some additions. Just felt like I should say something before disappearing for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment