12.11.2003

Last night I did something I haven't done in a very long time. I went to sleep at 11:00 and slept until 6:10 this morning-without waking up. That NEVER happens to me.

After a long day yesterday, I was able to relax and just be quiet and still for awhile, which made it so much easier to go to sleep. There is something about being in the arms of one you love, just talking, laughing, and joking about nothing and everything that makes life seem so much more complete. I lost sight of something for a couple moments yesterday, and I think that's why I was so sad. This quote sums it up:

The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. --Robert Louis Stevenson

It's so true, though. The best things in life are the nearest, the closest to you-family, friends, the ones you love, the ones you cherish, the ones who cherish you. My outlook this morning is much better; mostly because I have found a great peace in a simple fact. God is real. He is love. And, most importantly, He is here. Right now. In this place and in this little heart.

Even the cold blustery weather cannot change the fact that love is real and that warms my heart.

I changed the title of my blog. It's one of my favorite quotes from a song in "Sleeping Beauty" and so true. Our dreams are our wishes, they are both from God.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment