10.01.2003

"I love you."

He whispered those words to me a week ago and sent my heart racing. I never knew I could feel like this after such a short amount of time--I never knew that my heart would skip a beat when I caught a fleeting glimpse of him walking down the hall, on the way to one office or another. I never knew that hearing him say my name would cause my breath to catch in my throat and a smile to dance across my face. I never knew that an embrace could make every dark moment disappear into nothingness as we sit together, doing nothing, just enjoying being with each other.

I thought I had known love; I thought that I had understood the little things that make a relationship work, but I was wrong. Relationships require work, they have all told me. And, i'm sure they're right. But work and being hard are too different things. This relationship is not hard, it's amazingly easy, amazingly peaceful, amazing blessed. I'm beginning to understand now. I'm beginning to feel love in a way I never thought possible. I'm beginning to believe in the unbelievable.

"I love you."

As of today, it has been 2 months. A short amount of time, but at the same time, a telling journey. We have spent a lot of time together and we have both felt the same kind of love. Last night he said those three little words as he dropped me off at my apartment. He looked right into my eyes, and I could see nothing but love, passion, and beauty. I'm amazed and humbled and loved by a true treasure on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment