10.07.2003

Have you ever had one of those days where you have so much to say you're not sure where to begin? i'm having one of those days today. I feel kind of lost, but not in a bad way--in an "I like being lost because then I have to search to find the things to bring me out" kind of way. I guess for awhile now I've been walking around with this assumption that I wasn't allowed to feel anything but happy. And, don't get me wrong, I am happy--but that doesn't mean I can't have a bad day or that things can't bother me or that things can't make me want to cry- those are natural responses to life, right? Life is hard and it isn't always perfect and there is always a quest for something more. I think in the bliss of falling in love and finding someone who is basically PERFECT for me, I've forgotten that I'm still allowed to feel and hurt and dream and wonder and wander....that he is an amazingly important part of my life and a beautiful thing that brings me so much happiness, peace, and joy, but that there are other things in life, as well. it's all so strange. I feel like my life has been a ball of play-doh being squeezed out of that spaghetti contraption and now God is quietly molding all the pieces back together to make me whole. I didn't know I was allowed to feel whole again. it's a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment