9.09.2003

Okay, the insane amount of time between Blogs just has to stop. My life is busy, sure, but it's not THAT busy. I'm just a little lazy and a little less-than-motivated at the moment. But, things in my life have been happening, one on top of the other. First, I want to post the partial entry from a blog i wrote a couple weeks ago, from AUGUST 24th, to be exact:

"My father died 7 years ago today. To me, that's almost unbelievable. Not only that he is dead, but that it has been that long. It was the summer before my senior year of high school, and oh what a summer it was...i became a Christian, met my very first boyfriend, and lost my father. all in about 2 1/2 weeks. And i think every single one of those events still echoes in my daily life to varying degrees...."

and then I stopped writing that entry. Life picked up and got busy again, and the thoughts and the moment and the feelings were quickly lost. Plus, service was about to start and I needed to get down to the nursery. So, that was that moment. Since then life has kept happening!

To bring you up to date: last night we had a women's ministry event, FACE2FACE, at church. It was awesome. Claudia Mitchell, our women's ministry leader, spoke about Hannah's life, her story, and her makeover. Hannah's prayer is pretty powerful. Here's just the beginning:

"My heart rejoices in the Lord;
in the Lord my horn is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
for I delight in your deliverance.

There is no one holy like the Lord;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.

Do not keep talking so proudly
or let your mouth speak such arrogance,
for the Lord is a God who knows,
and by him deed are weighed."

It's good to know that He knows, because I've just realized it's completely possible to be joyful and bewildered at the same time. I just never knew until now how those two emotions could combine and manifest themselves. It's a strange feeling. My life is going really well. I'm really happy, but at the same time, i can't shake this feeling that God is saying 'You just wait. You think it's good now, wait until you see what I'm going to do..." and I'm waiting. There is a feeling at church. We all feel it. We know it's about to happen. We just don't know what 'it' is really. Strange, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment