1.31.2013

One Word Update

Back on New Year's Day, I posted my One Word Blog for 2013. My word for this year is READY. I thought I'd take a moment to look back on the first month of the year and see if I'm really following my One Word Dreams.

January has been a month of being very busy and very not busy at the same time. Work is gearing up for the annual audit and for moving forward in 2013. Oh, and Easter is just a few weeks away. That's a big deal when you work at the church.

I've been more open to being honest about what I love and what I need this month. While I haven't said much, I've been mentally noting how many times I agree to do something I don't enjoy or let someone else have their way, just because it's easier. It's more than I'd like to admit.

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about the purpose for this blog, why I do it, and if it's worth continuing to do. And, I don't know the answers to those questions right yet, quite frankly. But I'm hoping this is a place where this year of being ready unfolds and expands and grows. Or at least a way to really think about what I want to be ready for in the first place.

I've spent a good amount of time this month focusing on my diet, losing weight, and being happy with myself. That is going well. February needs to be more about finding writing and creative outlets that are fulfilling and challenging. I think I expect opportunities to land in my lap. And, that isn't going to happen. I need to put in the work to make this a successful year!

I've been overwhelmingly supported by friends this month and reminded how blessed I am. I've had some awesome conversations with some awesome people about who I am now and who I want to be. All in all, January has been a great month. It's just gone way too fast.

Here's the being ready for whatever February is going to bring!


1 comment:

  1. Please, please, please keep the blog going! I love reading what you have to say! Also, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my word for the year. I'm thinking mine is PREPARE. Not like be a Prepper...but start to prepare for whatever it is God has in store for me!

    ReplyDelete