5.13.2011

Summer Reading List

Now that school is over and life is settling down a bit, I want to read A LOT.  My friend Liz is going on vacation next week and recently posted on her facebook asking for book suggestions.  I love it!  Here is what people suggested to her that I will be adding to my list.  (I've read the ones in bold already and I didn't include everything I sent her):

  • The Time Traveler's Wife
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • A Prayer for Owen Meany
  • A Confederacy of Dunces
  • The Kite Runner
  • Bossypants
  • The Kitchen House
  • City of Thieves
  • The Red Tent
  • Losing Julia
  • The Weight of Silence
  • Sarah's Keys
  • The Paris Wife
  • Pillars of the Earth
  • The Help
  • Heaven is for Real
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • Water for Elephants
  • Left Neglected
  • Still Alice
  • The Dirty Life
  • Glass Castle
  • What is the What
  • Gang Leader for a Day
  • Snow Flower & the Secret Fan
  • Little Bee
  • Room
  • Where She Went
  • Anna & the French Kiss
  • Outlander
That is quite the list!  There are quite a few on there I want to read, and quite a few I haven't even heard of.  I love book reading friends (or friends of friends as the case may be).  In addition to that list, I have quite a few books on my "to-read" list, as well.  Here is a picture of what is sitting on my table at work...














And those are just the ones at work!  I have a whole bag of books from the recent Women of Faith conference, too.  Not to mention my Kindle books, and the ever-growing library list!  And the Newbery winners, and the new YA fiction coming out, and the books I already have on pre-order and...

And this, my friends, is why I am becoming a librarian someday.  So at least there will be a reason for my obsession!

So, I have to ask.  What's on your nightstand?  Your bookshelf?  Your to-be read list?  Your summer fun reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment