4.18.2011

STILL HERE!

I don't really know why I haven't blogged for two weeks.  Nothing to say, I guess??  I've been busy - life is always busy - but not so busy.  I think I just lost the discipline.  One weekend quickly turned into two, and quickly into three.  I can't believe that it's the middle of April already.  My birthday is only 9 days away. 

I spent the weekend with my mom at the Race for the Cure.  This weekend with my mom is easily one of my favorite weekends of the year.  I love my mom, look up to her, and depend on her for so much, even as I approach 32!!!  She is awesome, and even just laying around a hotel room watching TV and eating chocolate-covered sunflower seeds makes my heart feel peace and rest.  It was a much needed weekend after a long week.

We are gearing up for Easter this week at work - that means Tim will be working a lot of late nights and long days.  I know it's all worth it in the end, but I am always thankful that these weekends only come a few times a year.  And, that he will get some much-needed down time next week.

This year, I am more aware than ever of the unchanging and beautiful sacrifice God made on my behalf.  I can't imagine living life without the promise of forever and the love of my Savior.  It's a good week, and a beautiful reminder that the grave can't hold death forever - and that, through all trials, tribulations, joys and sorrows - my God reigns on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment