3.21.2011

A Simply Beautiful Day.

Today was the first day of spring, and spring couldn't have come in any more perfect.  Sunshine, a nice breeze, warm...perfect.  I wore sandals and felt like a new person.  It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for a person.  It was a Monday, but it was a warm, springy Monday that was wonderful! 

I don't have any big words or deep insights for today, but I do have a very thankful heart.  Sometimes that's enough.  I know that I am a lucky woman, a blessed woman, and it's so nice to be reminded of that sometimes.  Work can be stressful and school can be annoying, but in the end, it's all okay.  My life is precious and good!

I am working on a new idea for April and my blog.  I have already blogged more in the last three months than I have in the last two years.  I am not going to worry about blogging every day, but am going to still continue to blog at least 4-5 times a week.  In April, I will be discussing a few of my favorite things.  The list is still coming together, but it should be fun (and positive).

More than anything, I want my blog to be a place where people can be inspired, challenged and lifted up.  I really feel like there is enough negativity in the world, and I don't want my social presence to add to that at all.  That is why I don't talk about things that could be negative much.  It isn't that I don't have an opinion (because I do).  It's just because I feel like this is not the place for that.  My private vents are private.  And, I will happily discuss "big" issues with you face to face.  But just to expound here...where you don't know my heart, my motivation, or my tone...well, it's gotten me in trouble more than once!

As March winds down, I am re-thinking social media and how it fits into my life.  While I don't really think I'll stop tweeting or lose my facebook or blog, I think it's important to examine motivation and motives.  Expect to hear more about that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment