2.07.2011

Worship as Life

So I was playing around in Blogger today and I discovered the Pages feature.  And, I got very excited, because it went from a blog to something a little more dynamic.  And so, you'll notice some pages across the top of the page now.  They are all pretty much empty right now, but I'm looking forward to filling them up with randomness and everything in between.

Other than that, it was another Monday.  Busy, crazy and full, but good.  I could give you the debrief on the day, but that would be a little boring for both you and I.  Instead, I thought I would talk a little bit about my day yesterday, especially the worship at church.

Throughout my Christian life, I have always found music to be one of the ways I relate to God the best.  Even though I can't carry a tune in a bucket and it's been almost a decade since I really played my flute, I still find worshipping through music to be a powerful experience. I've been blessed with some great worship leaders in my life, especially my friends Paul & Abigail.  I first met them when I was a young Christian, not sure about much, but drawn to a deeper relationship with my Creator.  Through years at CSF, I learned about myself, about God, and how music could help bridge the divide. 

I was reminded of that relationship again this weekend when Paul & Abigail were down leading worship in Tim's absence.  Because they were among my first real worship leaders and Christian mentors, I know I am partial.  Still, it was such a good feeling this weekend -immediately transported to the foot of grace with music and prayer.  It wasn't just the set, it wasn't just the leaders, it wasn't just the lights or the message - it was the entire experience wrapped up in one. 

One of the songs we sang was fairly new to me - Chris Tomlin's "I Will Follow."  The lyrics are still rolling around in my head today:

Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow You


Who You love, I'll love
How You serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow You
I will follow You

How I hope to live those lyrics in my life.  And, while I am trying to live them, I will continue to be drawn to the cross through music, through those around me, through the promise that He will be there, no matter how I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment