2.17.2011

It's Not That I Have Nothing to Say...

...It's just that I honestly don't feel like blogging tonight.  I can't decide if it's a sign of discipline if I go ahead and write, or if it's just okay to skip it...

So, I will compromise. This is one of my favorite quotes (as found on my quotes page!)


"Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder. Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of Your universe. Delight me to see how Your Christ plays in ten thousand places, lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not His, to the Father through the features of men's faces. Each day enrapture me with Your marvelous things without number. I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all." ~ Joshua Heschel

The last part of the quote is the most important to me - I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all.  

Sometimes I miss being a kid.  I miss the ability to see everything with a little bit of wonder.  Think of the first time a child sees a butterfly emerging from a cocoon or the absolute joy of puppy dogs and mud pies...when do we lose that wonder?  When do we stop being so willing to find the wonder and instead focus on the cynical parts?  Why do we stop believing that there is something awe-inspiring about our day to day lives?  Instead of complaining and worrying, why don't we choose to see the wonder of warm February days, sunshine and breezes, snow falling down, and life beginning anew?

Maybe we would all be better people, and live happier, more fulfilled lives, if we stopped and embraced the mystery - and the wonder - of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment