1.14.2011

A Completely Normal Day

Today was a very good day.  It was a Friday, and the sun was shining.  I started out the day by running an errand for work and then heading to the Pourhouse Cafe for a Latte.  It was somewhat strange to spend an hour or so working at the Pourhouse instead of my desk, but it was so needed.  I was able to get out of my normal routine and relax a little.  I worked my way through my email, had an impromptu meeting, and then headed back to work.  This morning was a great time to just sit and experience the morning, outside of the race I feel like I'm constantly running when I sit at my desk.  It was a perfect way to start today, and I am so grateful for the opportunity.

From a great morning, I then went to lunch with a great friend.  Rene has been my friend since forever (or second grade if you want to be technical) and we've seen each other at our best, our worst, and everything in between.  We definitely don't see each other as often as we would like, but no matter how much times goes between our visits, we just start right where we left off.  She's an amazing person, and I know how lucky I am to know that she's one of those people that is going to be my friend and in my life forever!

The rest of the day went fine - I got a lot accomplished, ran a couple errands, and then came home and made dinner.  I have to admit that when I first started with the EMEALZ program, I thought that it would be hard and I wouldn't be able to cook at all.  What I've found is that the recipes are all really good, and amazingly easy to make.  Tonight's meal of smoky orange chicken was tasty and super simple.  I'm falling in love with cooking, and the meals are are friendly with Weight Watchers.  Woo-hoo! 

Today has been a very normal day, but it has been a great day.  I was reminded over and over again that it's the little things that make a difference is a day.  Appreciating the moments and experiencing the small blessings that made for a great day made today very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment