- The current temperature outside, according to weatherbug, is -5.
- There are still several inches of snow on the ground.
- It's cold. Really cold.
- Yesterday was the first time the sun had been out in what seemed like forever.
- I managed to hurt my back, so I have been taking medicine, which always makes me feel gross and out of control and grumpy.
- I'm grumpy.
- I'm unbelievably tired (I seriously could have gone to bed at 7:30 last night).
- I haven't been able to work out in over two weeks (stupid back).
- I'm still coughing, but feeling a little better.
- While there are some exciting things happening and coming up, I'm still feeling stuck in a rut.
- I have friends going through hard things and I don't feel like I can help them at all.
- I'm irritable.
- I have a low tolerance for indecision.
- I want to cry, but the tears aren't there.
- I'm turning 30 this year. The number doesn't bother me - it's the introspection and looking back at the first three decades of my life that has me mellow.
- I'm feeling overwhelmed and underwhelmed all at the same time!
I know that sometimes when the blahs hit, you just have to wallow in them for a while and feel pitiful.ReplyDelete
But when you get to the point that you want someone to fix it, just holler. My ideas include eating lots of cheese, watching lots of TV, laying on lots of couches, hanging out with lots of friends.
It doesn't necessarily make things better, but it helps pass the time until the blahs disappear mysteriously on their own.
I'm sorry, friend. Can you treat yourself to something like a nap or a day off or shopping or dessert?ReplyDelete
My prescription for tonight is some music, some candles, time in the Word, and a mug of hot chocolate. :)