3.30.2008

A Minor Accomplishment

Yesterday I did something I haven't done since high school. I ran, well jogged, one mile on a treadmill. I have thought about trying it for awhile, and I have jogged off and on, but would get exhausted after just a couple minutes, so I stopped trying...well, I've been wanting a good cardio workout, so I thought I would try jogging again. I figured it would take me a few months to work up to a mile. I started with three minutes, then five, then ten. Last night for some reason I decided to just keep going until I didn't think I physically could do it. I hid the timer and the distance markers behind a magazine and watched the NCAA game on at the gym. When I thought I was done, I looked. I had gone .86 of a mile...so I found a little more energy and pushed to the 1.1 mark.

Granted, it's not a big deal, and probably not even blog worthy, but considering it's something I haven't done in a long time and I'm proud of myself for doing, I thought I would write it here.

It's the little things that make the biggest difference in the long run, right?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Coming from someone who couldn't run more than 2 minutes 6 months ago, I can COMPLETELY understand how exciting this is. Congratulations, Em!! It only gets easier from here. :)

    ReplyDelete