12.30.2007

What's In a Name?

Here is a brieft synopsis of how i did in the "Fall into Reading" challenge I started a few months back...I read about 1/2 the books.

In all fairness, I had a fairly ambitious list, especially considering that December is one of the busiest months of the year for me! I enjoyed the books I read on my list very much - and am sure I would have enjoyed the others if I had both the time to read them and the ability to FIND some of them...they were mysteriously absent from the local library. That being said, I liked the theory behind the reading challenge...to actually DO some reading with some sort of purpose, no matter how small! That being said, Nicole has once again pointed me to another reading challenge that sounds fun...

What's In a Name?.

The rules are to choose one book with each of the following criteria:
1. A book with a color in its title.
2. A book with an animal in its title.
3. A book with a first name in its title.
4. A book with a place in its title.
5. A book with a weather event in its title.
6. A book with a plant in its title.

This reading challenge is from January 1, 2008, through December 31, 2008.

Here are my books.
1. (Color) White Oleadner by Janet Fitch
2. (Animal) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
3. (First Name) Thursday Next: First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
4. (Place) Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
5. (Weather) The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger
6. (Plant) The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

Wish me Luck :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge--thanks for joining in! Hope you have fun!

    --Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I publish my book, "Skippy, The Red Rabbit of Ireland and His Adventures In Clover On a Sunny Day," people could kill 6 birds with one stone and get on to the next reading challenge in which only the last chapter of all the books on Oprah's reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, i evidently omitted a word or two in that comment.
    I'm not going to offer a correction. Just struggle through it. It'll make you stronger.

    ReplyDelete