3.15.2006

Shakalaka Baby


All my dreams were spoken for
Then you came along and I dreamed one more

Liz took me to see Bombay Dreams last night. I absolutely loved it. It is a musical that I had never heard of, but would see again in a heartbeat. It felt like everything a musical is supposed to be-fun, entertaining, and just a joy to watch for two hours. Like most of what Andrew Lloyd Webber does, Bombay Dreams has a distinct feel and mood. It's the story of an untouchable from the ghettos of Bombay that dreams of making it big in a Bollywood film. I am not going to give a summary, but I just want to say that if you ever get the chance to see this show, don't pass it up! one of the best moments in the musical is the song "Shakalaka Baby," complete with water cannons! What can I say, I'm a sucker for a musical with a lot of dancing in it-it just makes me happy to watch. It took awhile for me to understand everyone and their accents, but it was totally worth it in the end! I can't wait to get the soundtrack!

No comments:

Post a Comment