2.10.2006

Inspired By Narnia

I don't often plug products on my blog, but I just thought I would share how much I LOVE this CD. It was my first "I-Tunes" purchase, and I love it. The music, the artists, have captured the passion of the story in their own songs. When Jars of Clay was here for the concert, they said they wrote their song that was "inspired" by The Chronicles of Narnia without seeing the movie. It doesn't matter at all. Here are some of my favorite lyrics, from "Lion" by Rebecca St. James...

I'm scared and not sure that You are safe
But Your eyes seem to say that You are good...

That seems like a pretty accurate idea of how I've felt at different parts in my faith. Following Christ isn't always safe and it can be scary. Truly believing and following him means stepping outside of comfort and safety and entering a world of wild abandon. But there is something about the eyes of Christ. Though I have not seen them, it is one of the things that always draws me into pictures and portraits. It is what I remember the most from "The Passion of the Christ."

Those eyes.

Anyway, if you're looking for a good Christian mix of music that carries with it the same message of hope that CS Lewis crafted in Narnia, this is a good CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment