12.09.2005

Snow Plows and Turn Lanes

Bloomington got the first real snow of the season December 8th...which was when I started writing this blog...


We got about eight inches of snow. That's about seven more than I would ever like to have at one time. A nice dusting is fine. Sure the picture above (Courtesy of the Herald Times) is pretty, but driving in it about made me sick last night. I gave up after awhile. But, luckily, I have an amazing husband-to-be who came to my rescue, like he has done in every winter we've been dating. We made it home and I proceeded to do nothing until we went and got my car this morning from the Kroger parking lot. Driving from Kroger to work I realized that every winter is the same--when they get the roads under control, they plow a large amount of snow into the turn lanes and just leave it there. This makes no sense to me at all. Let's make it even more dangerous by plowing all the snow we can find into the middle of the road. Good idea. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate greatly the work they do, I just don't understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment