10.03.2005

You Can Go Home


This is my house from the sky. A friend of mine took the picture as he was flying over for his new business one day. i love my house. It's old and kind of scary sometimes, but it's beautiful. I would really love it if my house would be finished and the other 4 apartments inside rented out so that mom could quit her job. The house was built in the late 1800's and has been converted into 5 2-3 bedrom apartment-like things. When mom and I first moved in with my stepdad, there were lots of kids and family living there. Now it's just my family. it's strange, because it's a house inside a house. Our 'apartment' is the size of a normal house, complete with 3 bedrooms, a study, a huge kitchen, a huge living room, and 13 foot ceilings. It's definitely an adventure...

Anyway, I went home this weekend. I got to spend time with mom, laughing and hanging out with my favorite woman in the whole world. We went shopping and had a great time. I love my mom and really don't understand people who don't get along well with their parents. Anyway, mom told me she wants to go on a mission trip with me! That's a HUGE step, especially since she isn't a Christian. I can't wait to sign her up and head overseas together. It will be such an amazing trip.

The rest of the weekend was spent with the whole family; cameron and I had our pictures taken at Michael's Studio in Ft. Wayne and then we went to the Matea Medieval Faire...which was interesting. Not horrible, but once you've been to Medieval Times, it's just not the same. The rest of Saturday and Sunday was relaxing. It was nice to just be with the people I love so much. Going back to Bloomington was hard. I love my life here, too...I just wish it was all closer together!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:06 AM

    is that a slide on the right side of the house? a slide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:33 AM

    they're fire escapes for the upper level. There is one on each side, and there used to be one in the back, but we took that one out, put it in a tree, and made it a slide. granted you have to crawl through the treehouse to get to the top, but whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:53 PM

    I loved your house. The one thing i'll always remember is the 'secret door' in the upstairs apartment. And the cool cells in the basement.

    ReplyDelete