6.17.2005

Breathing Deep

Well, it's been one of those weeks. We had VBX (yeah, it's usually VBS, but this year we did the "Vacation Bible eXperience" instead) this week, which meant lots of kids running around in the mornings. I only helped out three of the five days, but it was still insane. They learned a lot and managed to raise over 4,000 to send to Amor Ministries for our Mexico Family Camp, so that's good. Speaking of Family Camp, that's where a lot of our ministers will be next week. And the guy that does the printing of our bulletins and newsletter...so this week I had to do two bulletins, a newsletter, and the first draft of the church directory! WEE!

Right now i'm trying to search my way through the 10,000 plus people in our database so we can do a mass delete and get a lot of them out of the system. There's no reason to have all those people in there when about 1/2 of them are old and just not accurate records.

I've not been sleeping well this week. I'm not sure why. When I was little, I always had to have classical music playing to fall asleep. As an adult, the music has been replaced with the TV more often than not. Sometimes I think I need to go back to the music - it was relaxing and peaceful and not a story I could accidently get involved in while trying to just go to bed already.

Pay it Forward was on last night while I was trying to go to sleep. That blasted movie makes me cry like a little kid every single time I see it. Last night I only caught the last 10 minutes or so, and it still had me in tears. I love movies, but ones that hurt so much to watch, like that one, I just can't watch more than once. It started over again immediately after it was over (because, apparently, TNT thinks people like to watch the same movie over and over and over and over again) and I couldn't even watch the first 5 minutes. I knew what was going to happen, I knew how rough it was and how sad it was, and I didn't want to deal with it. So, I fell asleep last night with the image of all those people holding their candles at the end. Nice. REAL restful sleep that was. GRRR.

I have nothing very earth-shattering or exciting to say today. It's just another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment