4.07.2013

E is for Eerie


Remember when I said I didn't believe in ghosts?

Well, what happened last night may make me change my mind. I was driving by the fire station after detention. It was a cold and kind of dreary night. As I was driving by, I could have sworn there was a light on in the station. Like usual, I just shook it off and kept on driving. But then, something caught me off guard. Looking in my rearview mirror, the fire station didn't look like it did just moments before. It was lit up like daylight, beautiful and seemed like something out of a fairy tale.

I turned around and looked. Nothing. Just the same old abandoned building. I looked in the rearview mirror. Bright, shining castle. I did the same looking cycle twice. Nothing changed. It made no sense, but it kept happening.

I drove home, quickly, ignoring any and every speed limit sign and traffic rule out there. I didn't know what was going on, but I kind of felt like I was losing my mind. Surely I was just tired, drained from a long day and letting my over-active imagination run away with me. There was no way I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.

And, what was even more eerie was the girl I saw in the window of the castle last time I looked. She looked exactly like me. And she looked scared.




No comments:

Post a Comment