9.09.2012

Simple Sunday...Family



Yesterday was both my mom and step-mom's birthday. I've always found that a little funny. And, if he was still alive, my dad's birthday would be coming up soon. In fact, there are a lot of people in my life who have September birthdays, some of them family, some of them friends, some of them friends close enough to be family.

Today, for my simple Sunday post, I want to focus on family. It's so easy when we're so busy to take our family for granted. I'm 3.5 hours away from my mom and step dad, a little over an hour from Cameron, 2 hours from Tim's family... We are isolated from the people that know us the best here in Bloomington. I had lunch with a friend on Friday and she was able to just drop her kids off with her mom for a little bit. I have friends that live close to their entire families here in town. And, part of me is jealous of that closeness.

But, at the same time, when I do get to chat with my family, see them, whatever, it feels a little more special and a little more fun. We take the time we do get to see each other very seriously (in a fun way) and appreciate that those moments can be few and far between.

So today, on this simple Sunday, take the time to enjoy your family. Spend time with them if you can. If you can't, keep them close to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment