4.02.2012

B is for Books


If you know anything about me, you know I have a deep, deep love for the written word. That love is what inspires me to keep writing when I really don't know what to say. That love teaches me to find the story in every day, to live with my eyes open, and to be willing to experience it all.

I am so thankful I grew up in a home that taught me to love books. Every memory I have of my mom and step dad includes them carrying around at least one book. From a young age, they taught both me and my brother to enjoy the written word and to allow ourselves to get carried away in worlds that are both the same and different than our own.

Books speak to my heart - I get caught up in characters and their stories. I love to get lost in a good book and have been known to skip sleep just to finish the next page, the next chapter, the next story. There is nothing more satisfying to me than that feeling at the end of a great read. I will talk later in the month about one of my favorite genres, but here are some of my favorite books:


3 comments:

  1. Of that group, I've read The Giver and On Writing- both are great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a crazy varied taste in books. I rarely find one I don't love. I would highly recommend "A Monster Calls." It's a crazy, emotional journey, but so worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books speak to my heart too.
    Look forward to your challenge posts...
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete