2.11.2011

A Little Bit of This...A Little Bit of That...

I have been playing around with and redesigning my blog a lot over the last few days.  I'm so glad they've increased the functionality and made it easier for people to customize this thing.  And, the dark pink was a fun color, but it was dark and I was definitely needing some spring to surround my writing.

Since my weigh in on Wednesday, this week has been much better.  I'm back on track with tracking everything; using the little calculator and the online site this time.  Looking up everything and surprising myself again with exactly how many points are in some things.  And, I splurged and had a little chocolate today, too!  Since my sad, self-depreciating post about my weight loss earlier this week, I've been in much better spirits.  I'm looking forward to having a good week this week and looking forward to feeling better and looking better (wow, that's a lot of "betters" in that sentence).

I'm hosting my first Thirty-One open house tomorrow.  Should be interesting.  I've only had a couple confirmed yeses, but either way, I'm looking forward to seeing people and showing off this pretty stuff.  I love the product, and love that people love the product.  I also love that the company is faith-based and they stand behind their product.  After tomorrow, I have a party with my awesome sister-in-law in Owensville on the 20th and a party with my lovely mom and grandma on the 26th.  I'm almost halfway to my sales goal for the first 45 days of being a consultant.  I'm not going to lie; the StartSwell kit is a great motivator!

We went to see Fiddler on the Roof on Tuesday as an early Valentine's present for me.  I love going to live shows; there is such an energy and excitement in the room.  I love that Bloomington is a place where we can see great shows, and a place where people seem to really enjoy theatre.  I've always been in very accepting crowds, and I've seen some shows with great talent and some shows with mediocre talent.  But, the Bloomington community seems to be supportive of the arts in ways that I find sometimes surprising (and expect a future post about "Tradition").

On Sunday we are celebrating Tom's 30th anniversary with the church.  It's amazing to me that anyone could do a job for 30 years, but especially a job like leading a church that has grown and changed so much. I'm lucky to have a senior minister that I respect and consider not just a boss but a friend.  I'm looking forward to celebrating with him and his family on Sunday.

That is a little bit of this and a little bit of that for today.  It's a little bit of everything; just like my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment