1.03.2011

Discipline

Today's post is all about discipline.  It's only been 72 hours, and I already feel like I don't have a lot to say.  Certainly, I don't have anything to write that anyone would find the least bit interesting, right?  And yet, I set a goal and I don't intend to fail less than three days into the new year.  I don't intend to fail at all, but that's a whole different discussion.

Today was my last day off work for the holidays.  The last few weeks have been more play than work, and it was a break that was very needed. Usually there is an ebb and flow to my job; weeks of insanity followed by a period to catch-up on all the stuff I didn't have time to do.  This year, however, was different.  I'm starting the new year a little behind. There are things that I just didn't have time to do...or I lost some of my energy and focus or something.

There was a time last year when, honestly, I was burnt out and felt stuck in a rut. Through the summer, I got over that, and it's a good thing, because fall and the first part of winter were busier than I ever remember being.  Sticking through it and realizing that being a 'grown up' means there will be times when you love your job and times when you just do your job and that can be enough.

As I approach my goals for 2011, I know they will take a lot of discipline to come to fruition.  I need discipline to lose weight and workout more.  I need discipline to read the books I want to read and to become a more complete person.  So, the name of the game today is discipline.  And, even though i didn't think I had anything to say, I've managed to fill up a blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment