1.30.2011

Quick Hits

Life in Summary.
  • I'm not going to lie - I had a great experience in college the first time around.  I had great friends, great family, and a support system that was second-to-none.  Even the rough parts of my first couple years were not really that bad.  The people I met kept me sane and focused.  All that is to say that I didn't necessarily put that much time actually into my school work.  I could have been a much better student, and I guess I kind of regret it now.  I worked just hard enough to keep my grades reasonably up.  If I had it to do all over again, I would have definitely tried harder.  And, since I am back in school now, I am trying harder.  Hence spending almost two hours tonight doing a homework assignment that is worth a whole 25 points out of 1000.  Ah well, go big or go home, right?
  • I managed to read three fiction books and two non-fiction books in January.  Not bad, not bad at all.  The other two books I read (I reviewed the others earlier this month) were: Solitary, which was a Christian YA book that reminded me of Ted Dekker a lot. A little spooky, a little scary, a little faithful.  It's the first book in a series and I'm interested to see how the next two books go.  The other non-fiction book was Gazelles, Baby Steps & 37 Other things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt by Jon Acuff.  I loved Stuff Christians Like, and this book was just as funny and smart as the first.  It had just enough humor and just enough substance to make a huge impact.
  • We are gearing up for yet another snowstorm/ice storm.  I've been putting my best foot forward and my best attitude forward, but I am ready for spring to finally show up.  I could use a little sunshine and a little warmth.  We had originally thought about going to Florida in February.  How I wish that was happening!!!
  • I am loving selling Thirty-One.  It's a lot of work right now, but it's fun.  I'm nervous about parties and booking parties and finding people to do parties, but I'm sure it will all work out.  The big reason I am doing this is to help pay off our debt, and to be able to do weight watchers and the gym and stuff like that.  My friend Cindy is amazing at it, and I'm hoping at some point I'll be able to do half of what she's doing.  I know there are a lot of people selling it around here, so there is a lot of 'healthy' competition.  Wish me luck!
  • Blogging is fun, but harder than I thought.  In January I posted more than I did all of 2010.  I wonder if it's quality or quantity.  I am thinking of ways to add readers and make the blog more dynamic and have more of reason behind it.  I'm just not sure what that looks like quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment