1.10.2011

In Which I Talk about Food

And now for something completely different.  This blog has been a little too serious the last few days, so instead we're going to talk about...food. 

I've never been very daring in the kitchen.  Even with a recipe, I'm kind of afraid to try things in the kitchen, and with just the two of us, it's easy to eat simple things, or just order a pizza or whatever.  But, this year we decided to stick to a budget, spend less money eating out and eat at home a lot more.  That means that I've had to get less scared of being adventurous in the kitchen and more willing to try things that maybe I don't usually eat.

One of the ways we decided to try and save money was to sign up for e-mealz, which has turned into a great way to try new recipes and spend less money.  The benefit of e-mealz is that it tells you exactly what to buy at the grocery to spend the least amount of money possible.  I've been really excited because I've actually had some successes in the kitchen lately.  If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you've probably already seen the pictures of my latest successes. Here are some of the recent creations that we will add to our regular meal plans in the future (and our new table where we can enjoy our meals):


 

1 comment: