1.01.2011

Feeling More

Sitting here right now, I could do two things.  I could reflect upon the last year and talk about the numerous highs and infrequent lows.  I could look ahead to the next year and maybe even write down a list of goals that I may or may not be able to achieve.

Instead, have decided to do neither - and both.  What I've quickly started to realize is that life cannot be dwindled down to just lists of successes, failures and goals. Instead, life is meant to be lived and embraced and, perhaps most importantly, felt.  And, I have started to feel life a lot more.  I celebrate successes and joys of my friends and family.  I cry with the hurting and feel anger about the wrongs.  I give my heart and soul to the people and things that are important to me, and that means I feel on a deep level.  It can hurt to feel, but it can also be exhilarating.

In 2011, I'm looking toward feeling more and experiencing more with the people in my life.  I hope I feel uncomfortable more, because that means I'm putting myself in new situations and meeting new people.  I hope I am challenged and tested, even though hoping for that could also mean there could be pain.  I hope I experience things I have never felt before and find deeper depths of love, patience and faith.

That said, I could write my list of new year's resolutions, but I'm not ready to put them all on paper yet.  Instead of yearly goals, I am going to start small - with monthly goals that I should be able to handle.

For January:
  • Read at least one non-fiction book
  • Read at least three fiction books
  • Blog every day
  • Exercise at least three times a week for at least an hour
  • Write down everything I eat
  • Go to bed earlier and get up earlier!
  • Stick to our budget
Here's to another day, another year, and another chance to shine!

1 comment: