10.18.2010

Week Four...What the Heck?

"Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then; jog for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 5 minutes, walk for 2.5 minutes, jog for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 5 minutes.  Follow with 5 minute cooldown."

So I started week four today.  No one warned me the jump between week three and week four would be so significant. Last week, it was jogging for a total of 9 minutes; this week it's 16.  I'm not gonna lie; I couldn't do it this morning.  I tried my hardest, but there was definitely a lot more walking in the middle of that madness.  I cannot believe how hard it was for me to do this, considering I have run a mile on the treadmill in the last few months, which took about 12 minutes.  I guess it's the intervals that are killing me, but also hopefully making me stronger. 

I know this is the turning week; it gets a lot harder from here on out.  There is a lot more running and a lot less walking.  I'm excited for the challenge, and focusing on not getting down on myself if I can't do it right away.  Afterall, if I could run a 5K without any trouble, there would be no need for this training!

Right now my legs are sore and I'm still a little light-headed.  I've had breakfast and am focusing on the positives!  Wednesday I will try to run it all again.  I can do this!!  (Power of positive thinking at work here!)  I will say, though, that if you need a challenge, this program is a good one.  I'm so glad I'm doing it, even if right now I want to go back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment