12.07.2008

First Reading Challenge for 2009


Because reading challenges inspire me to read books I wouldn't normally read, I have decided to do the What's in a Name II reading challenge in 2009. I will have to think about what books I want to read. The qualifications are:
  • A book with a profession in the title
  • A book with a time of day in the title
  • A book with a relative in the title
  • A book with a body part in the title
  • A book with a building in the title
  • A book with a medical condition in the title

Do you have any suggestions that would fall into one of the above categories?



2 comments:

  1. You can kill two birds with "Uncle Tom's Cabin" for building and relative, but maybe you just read that.
    There's "The City of Ember" or "At Home in Mitford" for location. I think you'd dig both of those.

    Mandisa's "Idol Eyes" for body part title was a good read for Cindy, I think.

    I'll look through my shelves for more.

    "The Magician's Nephew" for a relative and/or profession. Fun book to read.

    Time of day: "Twilight."

    I'm just stumped on "medical condition.". There's that "Love in the Time of Cholera" book, but didn't you already do that? If I'd already finished my manuscript for "Love In the time of Whooping Cough," I'd let you borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up. Whatever made you think of this? :)

    My brain is shot, but I'll tell you if I read anything good. :)

    ReplyDelete