8.24.2008

Love You Forever

My dad died 12 years ago today. I don't know why I feel like I have to document this on my blog every year, but I've noticed I usually do. Looking back on my past posts, I see him in a lot of y decisions and my life.

This was from the year before I got married.
This one made me cry all over again.

I love him. I miss him. There is a part of me that will always be missing something - the part that wants to talk to him and run to him. He was a wonderful man, imperfect and crazy sometimes, but I would have loved to see him age and change with me.

Night, daddy. You are in my heart.
Today.
Always.

3 comments:

  1. I cried with you! I am so sorry for your loss. Of course you tell about it in your blog each year. He's your daddy and it's important that you let the world know that he may be gone from this earth but he is not forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read what your dad would say about YOU if he could blog right now. Can you imagine his pride and delight with what you have become?
    I'm so sorry for your irreplaceable loss. Thank you for sharing your heart with us, good days and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I left a comment the other day but I don't see it. I read the entries you linked to, and I kept thinking how blessed you are to have known and loved a daddy. I think your pain that lingers speaks to the beauty of your relationship.

    ReplyDelete