4.17.2008

The Race...


The Race for the Cure is less than two days away!




This event is a huge fundraiser for the Komen Foundation, and a huge encouragement not only to women and men who are facing a breast cancer diagnosis, but to their family and friends as well. Considering that the two leading causes of breast cancer involve being a woman and getting older, everyone is affected by this disease!


Some people wonder why so many people walk in Komen events across the country. Here are just a few of my reasons.


  • It's a cause I believe in.

  • My mom is a survivor - and my best friend.

  • Too many woman can't afford life-saving early detection mammograms & screenings.

  • My aunt is a survivor.

  • I know more and more women every year who have been diagnosed.

  • Breast cancer survivors are more than statistics - they are moms and sisters and daughters and friends.

  • Because I can. I am strong. I am able.

  • I believe there can be a cure - in my lifetime.

  • I believe attitude affects outcomes - and there is nothing more inspiring than 40,000 people united for one cause.

  • I may not be a doctor or nurse, but I am willing to be a voice.

  • I know it may happen to me someday, and I want to be ready if it does.

Will you join me in praying for women and men who will participate in the 2008 Race for the Cure? Will you pray for the weather (right now they're predicting rain in Indy on Saturday) and for a few hours of sunshine? Will you pray for the Komen foundation and the good work they continue to do? Will you pray for me? Will you pray for my mom and my aunt? Will you pray for the Mission of Hope women at SOCC?


Will you be a voice to end breast cancer?

No comments:

Post a Comment