3.05.2008

a small step toward a big dream...

For years, I have had one dream that just keeps coming back to me over and over again. I long to write, but not just to write anything. I long to write devotions. I have a dream of having a devotional business someday where I am contacted to write a specific devotional for a mission trip, youth retreat, women's weekend, family vacation, whatever...and I write a devotional completely tailored to those needs.

Since college I have longed to write these kind of devotions, and grabbed quickly at any opportunity, no matter how large or how small...and my desire to do it more just continued to grow. Even now, I find myself thinking of devotions, of small thoughts that are encouraging, challenging and hopefully spiritually relevant to the people in my world and the people that read the words.

Why am I telling you all this? To tell you I've finally decided to do something about it.

Resting Thoughts is my new online devotional.

I am hoping to post a devotion and prayer every day. Some will be old ones I have written, many will be new. I hope you stop by and read them. I hope they make a difference. I hope you know you're cherished and loved by God, even when you're having a very bad, no good, rotten kind of day.

1 comment:

  1. fun...I will be there devoting with you! I always love your writings.

    ReplyDelete