9.07.2007

Oh Where Oh Where Have I Gone?

Oh Where oh Where Could I Be?



I'm here. Just way busy. When I get home from work, I don't feel like turning on the computer and taking the time to write anything, even though there is plenty to write. I just sit there, staring at the TV, and allowing my brain to melt into mush for a little while. Then, I get up, pack some boxes, and try and accomplish something in whatever 5 minutes is left of the night before I literally fall into bed. I have a couple minutes, now, though, so i will write.

This has been an interesting day. My new job is very exciting - but also stressful. This week was full of all those random things you can't really LEARN how to do, you just have to learn BY doing. Always good, but sometimes hard to adjust to - I realized that there is a lot to this job that isn't just bookkeeping and HR - it's a lot of stuff! But, I am loving the challenge, even if it is wiping me out at night, which isn't a good thing.

Then there's the packing - I am so tired of the packing - but it will all be worth it next week when we close and move and have a place to call our own. It's VERY exciting. Once we're moved, I will put up some pictures. If you need our address, please drop me an email and I'll be sure to give it to you! Our apartment smells like cardboard boxes right now, but again, it will all be worth it in a week!!!

Tomorrow is a big day for my family - my mom's birthday. She's turning 50 and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have a momma like her. She'll be down to 'help' move next week. I say 'help' because she's still recovering from surgery and can't really lift things right now - but she'll get to see the house and hang out, so that will be good. In case I didn't mention it - her surgery went well and there was NO CANCER!

Overall, I just feel like the blessings keep pouring down on me right now. I am married to the best husband a girl could want, I have a good job that is challenging and fulfilling, we are moving into our first home, my mom is healthy, my family is loved, and I am cherished. It's days like this when I'm reminded that God is so good and so faithful, even when I don't take the time to notice them.

So, hopefully I'll be able to do a better job of blogging sometime soon. In the meantime, though, check out the blogs I regularly read on the right. Good stuff. Lots of it!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, here is a proverb I read this week for class...

    I heard and I forgot
    I saw and I remembered
    I did and I understood

    So, feel encouraged...doing is learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 PM

    if it makes you feel any better, i haven't bloged much either and i have the same job and i'm not moving into a new house:-)

    ReplyDelete