10.16.2006

When Dreams Come True...

Every day Tim and I get closer to the wedding. Every day is one day closer to having a Big Dream come true. I cannot believe the wedding is Saturday. I cannot believe that this day I've been praying about and thinking about for so long is so close to being here. I can't believe, after all this time, that Tim chose me. I thank God for bringing us together and for the way He has orchestrated the path of our lives to get us to this place. Our meeting was unique and wonderful, as has our relationship been since that point. It's hard to put into words how wonderful he is and how much he has brought out the emily that I didn't know was in there. I used to read this poem and wonder if i would find a person that truly did all of the things it says. And then I met Tim and the poem, and my dreams, came true.

Love
by:Roy Croft

I love you,
Not for what you are,
But for what I am
When I am with you.

I love you,
Not only for what
You have made for yourself,
But for what You are making of me.I

love you,
For that part of me
That you bring out;
I love you
For putting your hand
Into my heaped-up heart
And passing over
All the foolish, weak things
That you can't help
Dimly seeing there.

And for drawing out
Into the light
All the beautiful belongings
That no one else had looked
Quite far enough to find.

I love you because you
Are helping me to make
Of the lumber of my life
Not a tavern
But a temple:
Out of the works
Of my every day
Not a reproach
But a song.

I love you
Because you have done
More than any creed
Could have done
To make me good,
And more than any fate
Could have done
To make me happy.

You have done it
Without a touch,
Without a word,
Without a sign.

You have done it
By being yourself
Perhaps that is what
Being a friend means
After all.

3 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. I can feel your excitement from here.

    Good luck.

    Just make sure you continue to work hard at this, because it's the most important thing you will ever do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem. And I know what you are feeling. Stan brings out things in me that I didn't know existed. From the beginning I knew that even if we never got to the place that we are at now, that my life would be forever changed just because I knew him. Four days, Emily, and we'll be married women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem! I read it at Kevin and Sarah's wedding a couple years ago. It's beautiful. And I'm so excited about getting to be with you on this huge event in your life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete