1.24.2006

Reason Number 8 Million...

...why I have the best fiance the world has ever seen.

My mom and I are going to (probably) do the Susan Komen Breast Cancer 5k Run/Walk on April 22 in Indianapolis. Because of some stuff that happened last year, it's really important for me to do this walk with her. She's amazing and has survived breast cancer and was alone for a similar walk last year. Anyway, after mom and I started talking about it, I went to say something to Tim and realized that his best friend from high school is getting married in Nashville (TN) that same day. I figured I would see if mom would do the Evansville walk or something instead. Because it's a good friend and someone I know Tim is close to and I am going to be his wife and I want to be a part of things that are important to him.

But, you know what he did? He told me to go on the walk. That the only people I would know at the wedding would be him and his parents and that he knows how important this is to me. He knows how upset I was about what happened with mom last year and that this has become a cause I will support my entire life. He knows that my mom is my best friend and I love her more than words. He knows me. And he said it was okay to go. That is was good. That he was okay with it.

I fell in love all over again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment