6.21.2005

The Longest Day of the Year

Today is the longest day of the year. Really. It's the first day of summer, and the sun will be out longer today than any other time of the year. I love that. I hate that it means the days will slowly begetting shorter, but I'm not here to focus on the negative. Instead, let us all enjoy the beautiful day today and love the fact that the sun is going to be bright for a long time today!

Nothing huge happened over the weekend. We went to see Batman Begins. It was very good. Dark and kind of scary, but my favorite Batman of the series. (which probably has something to do with the fact that the Dark Knight is Christian Bale and he's one of my favorite actors). The thought of your darkest fears coming to life creeped me out, but it was totally worth watching. Still up on the movies I want to see list: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, War of the Worlds, RENT, Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire, The Brothers Grimm, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Crash (and those are just the ones I can think of right now...I'm sure there will be others!) In fact, I think I will make a new link on the side of my blog - movies to see!!

I'm meeting with a woman today about doing transcription and proofreading. I'm excited because it'll be extra income from home, which is ALWAYS a good thing. I need extra money, and being able to do it in my pajamas on my couch is awfully appealing.

Other than that, I'm fighting summer cold #2, which just stinks, but it isn't as bad as last time! My grandmother's 70th birthday party is this weekend in Huntertown. Tim & I are heading to the great wide world of Albion Friday for the party. Should be fun. I'm kind of nervous about him meeting all my family, but I guess that's to be expected. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but they're all different from me. Not Christian, but still family. Hilarious and I love them. Should be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment